My last post, "A concert promotion checklist", did include a fair number of choir concert planner actions which were not strictly about publicity. However, as a result of a couple of chats I had with visitors to my site I realised that you might find the complete choir concert planner checklist that we use in Rushmoor Male Voice Choir useful.
As my previous post contains more details about promotion-related items, you are advised to refer to both posts.
The choir concert planner 'runners and riders'
Individuals in our choir and committee will often have a specific role. Obviously in some choirs these roles may be combined under one 'head' but I thought it would be useful for you to see how we divide up the jobs in the countdown to a concert. The following roles have most to do - but, just as important, are others such as the Stage Manager (ensures we look our best when performing), Master of Ceremonies (stitches a list of songs together into an entertaining performance) and, of course, the Treasurer (pays the bills).
Where major decisions, such as incurring cost, are taken.
The choir's public representative - and final arbiter in disputes!
Chooses the music, trains us and makes sure we are brilliant!
Plans concerts, liaises with venues and bookers, coordinates the team.
Responsible for Marketing and promotional activities.
Looks after the music and makes sure we all have copies.
The choir concert planner checklist
- Decide on venue and date.
- Select the Charity to benefit.
- Propose guest artist(s).
- Contact proposed venue and discuss facilities, requirements and contract details.
- Agree & sign venue contract.
- Set concert budget.
- Contact selected Charity and make initial arrangements, including PR plan.
- Identify venue publicity opportunities and copy dates.
- Contact VIP Guests to pencil the date in diaries.
- Select guest artist(s) and make contact.